FrameLink’s Frequently Asked Questions
No. FrameLink was created from the ground-up to be easily adaptable to change. As soon as any change is done in the desktop (Mac, Windows or other) FrameLink is automatically available to be used in your IOS or Android devices.
You no not need to go to App store or Google Play to update your FrameLink Mobile App after a design update. All you need is to create a bookmark to FrameLink site (after START NOW) and you are ready to support all design updates without any change in all your mobile devices.
FrameLink is a mobile Internet-enabled app that are accessible via the mobile device's web browser.
The User Experience
- Airtable follows closely the spreadsheet paradigm while Framelink follows the Professional App paradigm.
- Like a spreadsheet, Airtable navigation is based on tabs that give access to different lists (tables). Framelink navigation is based on relationships. Depending of the content you see, you are one click away from where you want to go.
- To send Email or SMSs with Airtable, you need Zapier or Integromat. Framelink is ready to use Email or SMS as soon as you have at least one Email or Phone number defined.
- When complexity increases Airtable faces the same problem that users have with spreadsheets. FrameLink organizes your App by modules each one with a set of cards that may have Graphics, table accesses, summary info. Users only see what is relevant to their activity, reducing usage complexity.
- In organizations, Airtable focus is to solve small problems - lack of integration is the main complaint of Airtable users. FrameLink lets you solve different problems inside your organization without increasing App complexity or compromising ease of use. Typically you only need one app for your whole organization.
- Airtable is more consumer oriented while FrameLink is more business oriented.
Yes you can. You can define what each one of your team members (application users) can see or can do.
What users can see - for each user:
- You can select which modules are visible.
- You can select which tables are visible within the visible modules
What users can do - for each user:
- You can define read/write/delete permissions
- You can define if user is a designer (designers can change the app)
- You can define if user can create other users and manage user permissions (application owner).
Check define premissions to know exactly how to do it.
FrameLink is a business integrator. FrameLink users simply use FrameLink interface to execute services without any concern about the service FrameLink is using behind the scenes.
Services are available or disappear depending on the context.
- if you have an email in current screen or related to the current screen, FrameLink will let you communicate with those emails using any number of email templates.
- if you have a phone number in current screen or related to the current screen FrameLink will let you communicate with those phone numbers using any number of SMS templates.
Please check send Emails & SMS to know more.
- If you need to collect information from your site (Wix, Weebly, SquareSpace or custom built) we can integrate a FrameLink Public Form that collects information directly into a FrameLink table while sending any number of automatic notifications you may need. Further form customization is done in FrameLink without any need to edit your site again.
- If you need to collect information from people you have access by email (external users) you can use FrameLink Public Forms to collect that information directly into FrameLink tables.
You can create your app from scratch or use an existing template,
- Check our guides to create an app from scratch or set up a meeting with us.
- You can use one of our existing templates - Please contact us, with the information of your business area.